Friday, September 4, 2009

I know ... I know...

I know I said I was going to get better at posting more frequently...but the summer was crazy..and then back to school took over! With 3 going back to school ..it was a bit crazier than usual! 4 trips out to find and get all required school supplies....combing though EVERY SINGLE store in town that carries shoes to get school shoes for the two 'princesses' that met up to their expectations! But eventually we got it all done!

Aug. 26th was the first day for Mekonnen and Miheret.

Meko started into Grade 5 - so far he is LOVING grade 5! He is doing very well, and at lunch on the first day of school he told me "Mom, this is going to be the best year yet!" So I ask him what makes him say that. He reponds "Well, I just know stuff this year!" LOL Glad he is starting out the year with such great confidence.

Here he is off to his first day of grade 5.....I can't believe how grown up he is getting!


Miheret is in grade 1 this year! She, like everything else, is loving it! Not a surprize, as she is our child who just loves life. She has grown SOOOO much in the past year...going from size 11 shoes to a size 1! And from size 4 clothes to size 7!! So far she is doing great at school, although we did have one note home about her being 'silly' during work time ... LOL...I hope this is not a glimpse of things to come!

Here she is off to her first day of Grade 1.



Aug. 28th was supposed to be Tenayes first day of Kindergarten! However, 5 minutes before we left the house - we got a phone call that her teacher had become suddenly ill..and the first day was cancelled...but if the teacher was well we were to come the next afternoon. Well we had one very disappointed little girl! I did expect lots of tears etc, but she handled it really well. She was disappointed, but was more concerned with her teacher and that she get better. That afternoon - Tenaye spent all her time making Get Well Cards for her teacher - which she took to school with her the next day to give to her.

Tenaye is LOVING kindergarten..and is doing sooo well. We were very please when Tenaye received a special pencil at school for being the ONLY child in the class to listen to the teachers directions and follow them..when the teacher wasn't able to be in the room. She was very proud of herself, and covets that pencil!

Here is Tenaye off to Kindergarten:



So our afternoons around here are very quiet..with 3 kids in school, and Mitike napping. It's a good thing Mitike is napping the whole time..otherwise I think she would be very lost. As soon as she wakes up she is asking for the kids, and on day when we ran errands, she spent the whole time asking me where they all were!

Mitike is doing very well! She is growing like a weed, and continues to be very independant with lots of "KK do it" statements. Yes she calls herself KK...we call her TK..and she can say both T and K..but when you tell her to say TK she says KK..LOL She also talks about herself in the 3rd person... "KK all done peep (sleep)" "KK walk daddy" "KK cuddle Mommy" (this is her attempt to stall bedtime for as long as possible..as she knows Mommy can't resist a cuddle! She is quite funny, and litterally talks NON STOP ALL THE TIME! Her vocabulary has exploded and she can say just about anything and is using 3 and 4 word phrases.

Although Truck is still said with an F ...and Clock..is said without the L....so I have to be careful not to say those words out in public...as she will repeat them as soon as she hears me say them. I have slipped a few times...and it's rather embarrassing!

And some of TK...because we can't forget about her :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL !!
My goodness these guys are growing up so FAST !
Everybody looks happy and healthy and cuter than ever .
Think Fall is headed our way as we are already getting cool nights.
Deck repair is finally done so now onto other projects.
Talk to you guys soon. LOVE and HUGS Auntie Jan and Uncle Gary xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx