Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Quiet house!

Yep - today was the day..Tenaye's first day of pre-k! She was super duper excited!!! I don't know how many times during the morning I heard the squeal of delight followed by "I get to go to school!"

I wasn't sure how she would do - as last year with day care she would cling to me everyday before I left. So we get there, I get out of the van get Mitike, help Tenaye out of the van..and we start walking towards her school...Tenaye stops - looks at me and says "Don't come Mom..I'm a big girl now!" She is just too funny..After explaining to her that I had to fill out a form, help her find her room, and meet her teacher - I would then leave...once she was sure that I would be going she was fine with me walking her in. We did all of the above..she turned kissed me said bye..and was off playing with the other kids.

She had a great day and couldn't wait to tell me all about it when I picked her up. She talked and talked and talked...the funniest was when she told me about how another kid in the class told her she was 'stinky' Tenaye then said "So I smelled myself..and said, No I'm not. " and then walked away. What a great response! It was hard to drive, and keep a straight face.

Anyway - here are here off to Pre-K pics...she wanted the same photos as her sis Miheret.





One more funny..Mitike has discovered a new fun toy to play with over these past few days...Belly Buttons!! LOL..it started with her Dads but tonight she discovered Mekonnen's...here are some cute pics...Mekonnen was buldging his belly out for her - she thought that was great fun.






Ok...I know you are all falling over as I have posted more than 1 post this month :) Please leave me a comment or two - so I know that people are actually watching ;0

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying all the pics...
they're great.Kids are all so cute and they all look very excited heading off to school. How grown up!!!

Auntie Cheryl

Anonymous said...

pictures are awesome. Late viewing them as we've been in Kelowna .
Glad to hear everybody is happy where they are at.
All look so cute , happy and handsome .
Yes, those are my pjs.
Love and hugs Auntie Jan and uncle Gary xxx

Anonymous said...

WOW... pre-K. And I feel like I just saw you walking down the escalator with a little baby. How crazy! She looks so pumped!! I'm glad the adjustment was a snap... Her story about the 'stinky' was completely hilarious!