I can't believe the last time I posted was Halloween! When I get some time I'll post some video of the kids Christmas concert.
However, I wanted to let you all in on another blog that I have been keeping for over a year...but have not let anyone know about it - but now it's time to reveal.
Of course this had to do with our latest news! We are very excited to tell you about Mekonnen and Tenaye's new SISTERS!! Yes that means 2!
We recently received a referral for 2 beautiful little girls.
Miheret - almost 4 years old - born Dec. 23, 2003
and
Mitike - just 4 months old - born Aug. 4, 2007
Everyone here is very excited and can't wait until they are able to join our family! It will be 4-6 months until all the legal paperwork is completed and we can travel back to Ethiopia to meet them and bring them home.
I won't be posting pictures of the girls on the blog as they are not legally ours yet - so if you want to see their beautiful faces please email me.
Mekonnen and Tenaye are also very excited for their new sisters..here is a bit about their reactions (written a week ago after receiving the referral):
Mekonnen has been super excited from the start - and on Friday when we showed him the referral of his new sisters - he screamed with delight! I thought he might be a little disappointed that there wasn't a boy - but when we asked him this he said No..and replied that he was just sooo happy there was a baby! He is great with kids and babies and I know he will be a great big brother to his 3 sisters! (Funny thing, is Bill has 4 sisters and he is the only boy..so like father - like son )
I wasn't too sure about how much Tenaye was understanding all along - but earlier in the day before we showed her the referral pics of her new sisters - I had asked her if she wanted a sister - she said "Mommy I want 2 sisters"... WHen we showed her the pics and introduced her to her new sisters - she sat starting at the pics for the longest time then looked at me and asked "Mommy, they sleep at my house?" She has not put the pictures since recieving them and loves to tell people about her new sisters. Then last night dug one of her old soothers out and wanted to take it to bed...she has not had one since she was 18 months old! She took it to bed..but just held it ..didn't put in her mouth.
This morning I found her with it at the breakfast table...I started to take it and put it away and she said "No Mommy, I need it". When I asked her why she needed it she said "It's for TK (Mitike) - she is just a baby!" So apparently she is holding onto it to give it to Mitike when she comes home.
Here is the link to our other blog - you can see what we've been up to for the past year.. :)
http://ehiopiatake2.blogspot.com/
Shelley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment